Reunion at Nairobi Airport!  

Posted by Mike and Erin

After a 30 hour trip, going through massive airport securities and immigration to get visas, plus happily getting all our luggage safe, Mike and I turned to leave the airport and immediately saw Elder Walker. Matt crossed the security guards and ran up to hug us. I cried. Matt kind of cried and everybody kissed. Matt did mention that it was the first time he had been kissed in two years. Elder Walker looks so good, very healthy and happy. For part of the stay here in Nairobi we will be staying with Elder and Sister Luke from Green River, Utah who are serving a 18 month mission. They have a beautiful flat by the mission home with a spare room which they graciously offered to us. Matt is actually sleeping in the APs flat in their spare room. Both flats are in the same complex. Tomorrow we will be headed to the Giraffe orphanage to kiss giraffes, yummmm! Then do a little shopping before meeting with President and Sister Taylor of the Kenya Nairobi Mission.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Oh that's so cute!

January 14, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Glad you (and your luggage arrived safely). Slap a smooch on a giraffe for me!

January 14, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Anonymous  

It's fun to see a picture of all of you! What a great reunion! I heard from Elder Hall that you had made it and that he had received the cameras. He told me about the big hugs he and Elder Walker had when he finally got home from the airport. Thank you, thank you, for all your efforts. He sounded so happy! Have a great week! Love, Sister Hall

January 14, 2009 at 4:36 PM
Anonymous  

Matt looks exactly the same!!! I can't wait to see him next weekend :) You let him know that me, kara, and riley are planning on doing something with him that weekend :)

KC Christoffersen

January 14, 2009 at 7:45 PM

That's sooo fun. I cried too when Josh & I hugged. Looks like you are taking in a big variety of "adventures" there. Happy for you! If you find things I'd like there (up to $100.00) please feel free to buy them & bring them home for me. Look forward to seeing more. I may forward this to some family & friends to see too if that's ok. Happiness! :) Ev

January 16, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Post a Comment